Monday, December 8, 2008

Dear Steve and Class:

Please keep teaching this. This is a cool class. I enjoyed interacting with classmates and getting to know everyone’s thoughts and ideas. Thanks to all for the comments and feedback on my assignments which made me continue to think through some of the things we discussed even after the week was over. I’ve really enjoyed all the things we learned and now I feel like I no longer have to preface everything with “I’m not tech savvy.”

This may get some negative comments from some, but I think the final is a good thing. Working on the final has helped reinforce what we learned. It’s also helped me to work on some areas I had trouble with during the semester. The final is creative. We also get to pick just about anything we want for a topic so everyone should be able to find something enjoyable for this project...and it's better than writing a term paper!

Things I would consider changing: Spending less time on social networking. Maybe this could be merged into another week’s assignment to leave more room for podcasts/vodcasts/screencasting which I felt took more time?

Materials I would definitely keep: Twitter, Feed, Everything Bad is Good For You, Michael Wesch videos, Flickr projects.

I would keep Introduction from Keen (even though I love to disagree with him) as a first week reading because I think this article gets a strong response from people right away and gets you excited about the class.

Gaming is a keeper too :-)

No comments: